I managed 3 and 1/2 hours at the PTG on Thursday. At 8am I started pulling up the last of the tomatoe plants and some weeds. At 9:30 Alan arrived with Jacob and Dexter(his two Irish Wolfhounds) and we managed to pull up the last of peppers(picked 2, 10 gallon buckets of peppers for Knights Table) and chillies(picked 1 gallon bucket of chillies for knights table). Alan sheared the tops and dug up the tubers of dahlias.
Alan tackled some of the lawn mowing and I pulled out the sunflowers and put some mulch on my bed. I picked 4 pumpkins from the pumpkin patch weighing 35lbs in total. Alan went back in the afternoon and picked several for Knights Table. Some clean up was accomplished by Alan and another volunteer in the afternoon in the Wedding Garden and yet another volunteer arrived and some walkways were dug up between some beds. We still have annuals to remove from the corner bed and v bed and dahlias and cannas need to be dug up from the building and corner beds. Plenty to be done before
winter.
Answer Oct 9 ??? a they should be dug when the leaves go brown
???Snapdragons and Antirrhinums are:
a perennials
b grown as annuals
c the same thing
d all of the above
October 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment