April 30, 2009

Went up to PTG at 8 and stayed until 12. Cloudy and light breeze made for the perfect working weather. Rescued an evergreen from a neighbour and transplanted it in the shrub border. Relocated 14+ syringae vulgaris in the shrub border from a few sites around the nursery. By the time I finished this the coat had come off and I was down to a t shirt and light cover shirt. Weeded the peony beds, my bed and 1/2 of one iris bed in block b.



A Killdeer is nesting in one of the iris beds in Block B




Phyllis was up working in the Wedding Garden.
Alan, Chuck and Moeen arrived and set out working in Block D prepping potatoe rows.


Alan potted the dahlias left from the weekend blitz. I left the men to their musings and headed for the grocery store.

Day +12 mainly cloudy rain Wind SSE20km/h P.O.P.9%
Night +1 cloudy windy, winds heavy at times, rain 23.40mm Wind WSW28km/h P.O.P.54%

No comments: