Brian and I drove up to drop off some hose and a bit of yard waste. Alan and three volunteers were working about the nursery. Alan was whipping the weeds along the edges of the beds. Talked for a few moments and Brian took over the edging, while Alan and the ladies and I packed up the van and went to the wedding garden to weed the shrub borders and flower beds. One of the lessons learned in class is how to properly weed without hurting your back. This in practice turns out to be individual preference. 2 of the 3 volunteers use the bench, the 3rd prefers to be closer to the earth. I also have this preference. I find that when weeding or puttering about in the garden I move around too much and moving the seat with me is to much. we have many who use the seat and would have it no other way. Brian and I put in an hour each and then headed home.
Day +6 partly sunny heavy winds WindWNW27km/h P.O.P.0%
Night -4 mainly clear Wind NW17km/h P.O.P.0%
May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment