June 2, 2009

Got a call from Linda. She got the truck and wondered if I wanted to go up to PTG. Of course, YES!!! She came by and picked me up at around 12:45 and we were there just in time to watch our illustrious leader heading home for lunch. Alan had been spraying the thistles throughout the gardens with pickling vinegar. He wanted us to load up the truck with leaf mulch and cover the corner bed. In case we got more than that done he wanted to have the straw moved from the barn to block F or G??? Off he went and we went off on our merry way. Linda said she would do the mulch, because I still had some work on the peony beds that I wanted to finish. She got half the bed mulched and will probably have the truck tomorrow to come back and finish. I managed to put edges on one of the peony beds and finished weeding the last row. We have no straw left at the nursery so I will have to make due with what I had already moved into the beds. Stayed until 3pm. Moeen came in and worked in Block D. The volunteer couple came in with the gang mower and cleared the driveways so the cars now have a clear path around the nursery.

Day +11 sun and cloud Wind NNE12km/h P.O.P.0%
Night +3 mainly cloudy Wind NNW9km/h P.O.P.1%

No comments: