September 16, 2009

Went up for an hour. Stopped at Lowe's and bought 3 Pagoda Dogwoods @ 3.99 each. Put these in the holding bed (will check with Alan when I go home) Picked up a pass to get me into the gardens while the fair is on, had a chat with the ladies in the office and then headed up to the nursery. Moeen was working on a couple of beds in Block C. After a quick chat with him I headed over to Block B and added 2 Akashigata peony roots to the peony bed.

Akashigata
picture courtesy of BlossomHill Nursery

Miss Eckhardt


Tomorrow or next week I will bring up 1 root of Miss Eckhardt and 1 unknown root(it was sold to me as Yellow Crown and it is not)to add to the bed. Did a bit of weeding and watered in the new acquisitions. Picked some garlic and headed home.

High Temperature:
Actual: 12°C sunny Wind ENE16km/h P.O.P.0%
Average: 21°C
Record: 32°C in 1941

Low Temperature:
Actual: 3°C partly cloudy Wind NNE14km/h P.O.P.0%
Average: 9°C
Record: -1°C in 1964

No comments: