October 30, 2009

I have now collected a total of 60 bags of leaves. Spread throughout the yard and made into piles for composting the spring garden will be very happy. I have watched the neighbours raking and leaf blowing and always find it amazing after all that is written about leaving the leaves where they fall that people still opt for more work at the end of the day. Today, several nieghbours have the kids out raking the leaves to the curb, adults are blowing the leaves into piles and bagging and others are just taking "It's gotta be done" attitude and making a day of it. Anyway they work it I'll be around after its done to collect on their hard work.

sanguinea: blood red
scandens: climbing
semperflorens: ever-flowering
sempervirens: evergreen
sinensis: from China
speciosum: showy
spicata: spiked
subulata: having narrow leaves that taper to a point
suffruticosa: somewhat shrubby
sylvestris: from the forest

High Temperature:
Actual: 9°C cloudy rain Wind S16km/h P.O.P.26%
Average: 11°C
Record: 22°C in 1946

Low Temperature:
Actual: 4°C cloudy rain 2.5mm Wind S25km/h P.O.P.74%
Average: 2°C
Record: -7°C in 1966

No comments: