October 28, 2009

Spent the morning collecting bagged leaves from neighbours.
I collected 6 full bags from down the street. With the 8 bags from the end of last week and the 6 Brian and I collected I'm doing pretty well. 6 bags are piled against the back fence, 2 are in large plastic bins on wheels, 5 have gone into the garden, 3 are in a pile at the bottom of the garden to compost over the winter, and the rest are in my two large composters in the back of the yard. When I went out later and before the recycle truck picked up I found at least 30 bags of leaves along the opposite side of the bend. (If I only had a truck)
Even with two flyers sent to the door and an article in the Guardian people are still raking their leaves to the curb for pick up. So I guess I will get out the bags and head off around the bend to see what I can find.

High Temperature:
Actual: 13°C cloudy rain 2.30mm WInd NE19km/h P.O.P.52%
Average: 11°C
Record: 22°C in 1971

Low Temperature:
Actual: 9°C mostly cloudy Wind N12km/h P.O.P.2%
Average: 2°C
Record: -6°C in 1965

No comments: