July 3, 2010

Spent a couple of hours at the nursery garden with hubby. We weeded and watered several rows in Block B. Alan and Dianne were up weeding and mulching in Block D. We enjoyed the light cool breeze rolling across the field and took solice under the umbrella when it got very hot this afternoon. Very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.

On our drive home Hubby and I pulled over on Heartlake to watch a very large female snapping turtle cross. I actually got out of the car and played crossing guard. (prompted by a car almost driving over the turtle, when the driver finally noticed he almost swerved into the wetland) As the turtle safely crossed a couple of cars pulled up to exclaim there amazement I got back into the car and we headed home.

FYI: Signs have been posted along Heartlake just south of Lakeside Garden Centre and encompasses the entire wetland area up to Countryside Drive.


High Temperature:
Actual: 24°C sunny Wind SW19km/h P.O.P.0%
Average: 26°C
Record: 36°C in 1949

Low Temperature:
Actual: 9°C clear Wind W11km/h P.O.P.0%
Average: 14°C
Record: 7°C in 1942

No comments: