April 4, 2009

I have been watching a show on APTN (70) called Vitality Garden on at 3:30pm which shows practical gardening practices from a native perspective. This show has been running for two years (I think this is its 2nd season) It is exactly how we garden and they use raised beds, native plants and give practical money saving tips. One of the tips I caught today was to reuse water bottles as irrigation for your planters and hanging baskets. Poke 3 holes in cap, fill bottle with water, replace cap, invert bottle - cap first into soil. Instant watering. It was funny because today they also talked about using things in other ways than they were meant for. ex: old dresser drawers as raised beds for lettuce, rubber tires for ornamental flowers. Or like I suggested try using gutted out speakers as raised beds.

Day -1 mostly cloudy Wind WNW46km/h P.O.P.40%
Night -9 partly cloudy Wind WNW28km/h P.O.P.20%

No comments: